EZRead eBookstore's Reviews > I Only Have Eyes for You

I Only Have Eyes for You by Bella Andre

Mar 29, 12

bookshelves: amelia-reviews
Read from March 19 to 23, 2012

The bad boy meets the “nice” girl; childhood sweethearts; undying love; forbidden love; a dream come true. All of these themes get intertwined in this almost too-hot-to-handle love story between Jake and Sophie. How can the combo be bad? Instead of getting full, I’m just dying for more! Not only am I fanning myself from the inexplicable heat steaming off of the pages of the love scenes, but I’m cheering for those age-old plots that are so dear to most romance readers’ hearts.

We have Sophie – a librarian who is known as the “Nice” half of her twin pair. While everyone in her family, including her twin sister, believe that Sophie plays it safe and needs protecting, we get to see Sophie walk on the wild side for once. She may look prim and proper, but Sophie’s kitten exterior is becoming a prowling tigress. What better chance is there to take than on love? Ignoring all warnings, she may be playing with fire as she seduces her love of a lifetime, enjoying the heat way too much to fear that she may get burned.

And then, there is Jake – a pub-owning business man with a sketchy past because of his rough and unloving upbringing. He may remind readers of a poor abandoned puppy who just needs some loving care. Worried that he’s not good enough for someone like Sophie, Jake is determined that he can become all that Sophie wants and needs. He doubts himself more often than not on account of a secret making him feel too ignorant for book-loving Sophie. However, when opposites attract, they stick like glue, and the chemistry holds true for Jake and Sophie.

No joke, the untold secrets of love, multiple scenes of creatively fun desire, not to mention a complexity of characters, makes this story a rapid-reading page-turner. Pull up a comfy chair, and prepare to settle in for a romp with love. Once you start reading, putting down the book is not an option.

- EZRead Staffer, Amelia

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Only Have Eyes for You.

03/21/2012
25.0% "A quarter of the way in, and I'm already hooked :)"
03/22/2012
80.0% "Ahh, it's so good that I'm getting sad it's almost over."
03/23/2012
98.0% "Bring on the drama! I'm riding through the pain to get to the happy ending #fridayreads"
03/23/2012
100.0% "Finished! I can't wait to write my review next week :) #fridayreads"