Shannon 's Reviews > Lowcountry Punch

Lowcountry Punch by Boo Walker

May 07, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from April 30 to May 02, 2012

Have I ever mentioned my love of Charleston SC? I lived there when I was a child and I have visited many times since. I really think it is one of the best places on earth. So whenever I get a review request and the book is set in Charleston, I have to admit I am more likely to say yes! It turns out I made a good choice with Lowcountry Punch.

DEA Agent T. A. Reddick is a great main character. He is the kind of law enforcement official that actually cares about the law. He does what’s right no matter who or what the consequences. I like a man who will make the hard choices! He faces many of those hard choices in this novel. I loved reading about his undercover assignment. I always think that working undercover would make me feel guilty. Like I was purposely lying to people who trust me. Then again, that is EXACTLY what I would be doing but it would be for a good reason.

I loved the diverse characters. There is a strong female character in the story and I liked her a lot. There was also a girl in the story who was a bit. . . CRAZY! By the end of the story, I liked her too! Even the “bad guys” in the story were well written. I appreciated that since sometimes the bad guys can come of as stereotypical and boring.

Though this book read like a thriller type of novel, there was an interesting romance aspect that I think will appeal to many readers as well. So Trust Me! Give this one a shot!

BOTTOM LINE: I really liked this one, go BUY it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lowcountry Punch.

04/30/2012