Michael Kenan Baldwin's Reviews > The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of God

The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller

Mar 29, 12

Read from March 19 to 29, 2012

One of the books of the year. The gospel is at the very center of this profound yet readable book, which makes it ripe for recommending to singles as well as those considering marriage, not to mention already-married couples. Some incredibly helpful and insightful practical wisdom in this book, off the back of very admirable honesty on behalf of Tim and Kathy Keller. Don't misunderstand me, though: this book is not about good advice...it is Good News!
It will really help you to see how marriage between one man and one woman for lifelong commitment is a picture of the marriage that every believer is a member of, i.e. the marriage of Christ to his bride ( the church). 'The Meaning of Marriage' helped to correct my distorted and (sometimes) downright idolatrous views of sex & marriage, as well as showing its beauty and glory. It shows what a wonderful gift it is, given to us by God to enjoy as a means to glorify Him and enjoy Him more. Yet it also generously provides pointers to singles, to see what a great opportunity singleness is, and to understand what dating should and should not be for in the context of a biblical view of marriage.
I will be buying more copies of this to give away as gifts when the paperback comes out.
Make sure you don't miss out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Meaning of Marriage.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Ah, I see you've read this already. And there I was recommending it to you. :D Glad to hear you found it useful too.