Seren Dipity's Reviews > The Abyss Ver.1

The Abyss Ver.1 by X. Aratare

Mar 19, 2012

bookshelves: age-gap, fantasy-scifi, sooo-goood

I had never felt comfortable to pay a website to access content and read, and I am not sure why I decided to give it a try for this one. Maybe it was the summary of the stories which sounded very promising or the quick description of each characters, which gave me a good taste of what was to come. Or it was the free access to some of the drawings made for each stories. They are AMAZING btw! Totally worth having a look!

Anyway, I subscribed and I have been devouring all the content of this website for the past month. The stories are so great - not perfect - but very well done, full of imagination, background stories, mysteries and incredibly HOT sexual tension! completely worth paying for!

Some stories have 2nd version, where the writer improves and changes the storyline to make it WAY better and scarier and so much more intense. Reading both versions is a delight in itself, because you can see - as a writer wannabe - how she tweaks her characters and timeline. It's brilliant and gives you a lot of food for thoughts.

As for the Abyss, I loved v1 and I adored v2! What I particularly appreciate is that Raythe Reign creates a whole universe for each stories. "The Abyss" word is complex and and intriguing, with characters that are not what they seem to be. The interaction between the 2 main characters are insanely hot, yet the writer takes her time to create a relationship and makes sexy things happens.

Some recurring themes in her stories (that obviously attracts me)
- age gap between the 2 main characters
- innocent 18 to 20 something looking for a father figure
- mentor/disciple relationships
- older and powerful alpha male who are obsessed with the younger character. They generally have a complex personality.
- great sidekicks characters

So... yeah... as you can see, i am completely addicted :)

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Abyss Ver.1.