Michelle's Reviews > Widow's Web

Widow's Web by Jennifer Estep

Aug 07, 2012

bookshelves: arc, jennifer-estep, michelle-mcm-s-2012-reading-list, read-june-2012
Read on June 17, 2012

In Spiders Bite we met Gin Blanco, cook by day and assassin by night. Over the past six books I have got to know Gin, I've cried with her, laughed with her, cheered as she defeated the bad guys, comiserated with her as she got her heart broke and finally fell in love as she did with Owen Grayson. In By a Thread Gin confronted her past in the form of Donovan Caine her ex-boyfriend, now in Widow's Web it's Owen's turn to confront his past.

Since Owen entered Gin's life it's been apparent that there is more to him than we are yet aware of, with the sudden arrival of Salina we start to unravel his secrets. Unfortunately there seems to be more to Salina and the reasons behind her sudden arrival in Ashland than just her history with Owen. Everyone close to Owen is suspicious but Owen can't see any fault with Salina and is always giving her the benefit of the doubt even when people close to him start getting hurt. Will Gin & Owen's relationship survive or will Salina succeed in driving a wedge between them.

I believe that Jennifer may upset people with this book but I throughly enjoyed it, it was an emotional journey as always and Gin continues to grow and develop as a character, her story has been filled with everything from violence and pain, to love and acceptance from day one and this part of her journey is no different. My heart trully went out to her in this book. Salina's appearance turns Owen back into a scared confused kid, he's a shell of the man I have came to love. I can't wait for the next installment to discover what is next for Gin.

The Elemental Assasin series is one of my all time favourite series and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys stories with a strong kick-ass female. I award Widow's Web 5 Stars and Jennifer Estep remains on my auto-buy author list!

Reviewed on behalf of Literal Addiction

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Widow's Web.

06/16/2012 "Review will be posted on www.literaladdiction.com closer to release date & here then also. :)"
06/17/2012 page 90
23.0% "Holy hell things are heating up..."
06/17/2012 page 298
78.0% "OH MY GOD!"
06/17/2012
100.0% "Need to gather my thoughts... Holy hell!"

Sandra Lucky you with an ARC.

Michelle I squeed like a little girl once I got over the shock of it! :)

Sandra I'm not surprised. ROFL

So, am I gonna love it?

Michelle I went through every emotion imagineable with this one, I can see a lot of people being upset with Jennifer but I loved it, absolutely loved it. There were tears. I wish you could read it now cause I so need to talk about it!

Sandra OK Don't tell me any more till I can read it. I won't be reading any reviews either.

I've preordered & BD is only taking a couple of days at the moment as opposed to the 3-4 weeks it was taking them, some time ago.

So August isn't it?

Michelle It is August, I've had it for a couple of weeks and although I was dying to read it I knew the wait at the other end would be hard. I'm pleased about BD cause you where waiting for ages for some of them to arrive.

Sandra I'm pretty darn glad as well. LOL. Though I usually don't read them straight away, unless its something I'm really hanging out for.

Waiting months to talk about a book would kill me. I'd have to re-read it just so I don't forget what I want to say. ROFL.