Tina's Reviews > Faery Tales & Nightmares

1420355
Mar 28, 12

bookshelves: ya-fantasy
Read from March 19 to 27, 2012

2.5 stars- This book is made up of short stories. Some are new characters and some are set in the Wicked Lovely world.

Characters from Wicked Lovely: Mostly all make an appearance, but most of the stories are about Niall, Irial and Leslie. Which happened to be my least favorite characters.

The stories that I found the best were the ones not set in the WL world. They had more substance to them. Have you ever read a great book that ended on a good note, then the author throws in an epilogue that ruined the whole ending? The epilogue is uninteresting, not needed, silly and just dragged out. Well, that's what all the WL short stories felt like. There was no substance to them. They were long drawn out epilogues that don't really matter. Donia and Keenan story is the worst. I hate to say it, but the word lame comes to mind.

Would I recommend? If your a die hard WL fan, sure. But if you're not, then skip this. You'll probably disappointed.

Plot 3 stars
Characters 4 stars
Romance / Chemistry 1 stars
Ending 2 stars
Good enough to pick up again 1 stars

Sexual Content :: kissing, drinking, man/man kissing, reference to sex.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faery Tales & Nightmares.

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) Thanks for taking one for the team, Tina! lol! I think I'm soooo done with the Wicked Lovely series... I don't want to read any more about them. I LOVED the first book but then the rest of the books just lost their steam and focus, it seemed.

Tina Then maybe you shouldn't pick this one up. I started skimming just to finish. The only good stories were the ones not set in the WL world. I'm done with that series too.

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) I'll take your advice! :D I've got enough books I'm sort of dreading finishing...

Tina Wow, I have a few of those too :P

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) Lol... I'm sure we ALL do!