Christa's Reviews > I'm Watching You

I'm Watching You by Karen Rose

Aug 11, 08

bookshelves: library
Read in August, 2008

This was another great book from Karen Rose. The third in the series, I'm Watching You, certainly didn't disappoint. I enjoyed it every bit as much as her first two books. I thought that the hero and heroine were very sympathetic characters, and there were numerous secondary characters that I would love to read more about. I found this plot to be a little different from that of most romantic suspense books. The main antagonist in the book actually believes that he is helping the heroine instead of feeling like her adversary as in most novels of this type. For me, this unusual storyline was refreshing, as it was so unlike anything else I've read.

Minutes after the first time she meets homicide detective Abe Reagan, assistant state attorney, Kristen Mayhew, is stunned when she finds evidence of multiple murders in the trunk of her car. As Abe and his partner lead the investigatation into the contents of the trunk, they discover that the perpetrator of the murders has killed three men, all released after being tried in court by Kristen for unspeakable crimes. The vigilante killer wrote letters to Kristen that have an intimate tone and indicate that he has been following all of her actions very closely. Abe is worried about Kristen and makes certain that she arrives to a safe home for a couple of evenings. Abe and Kristen are immediately drawn to one another, but they both have tragedies in their past that make a relationship between them an unlikely possibility. Soon it becomes clear that Kristen is in real danger as the vigilante murders continue and relatives and cohorts of the vigilante's victims start to target Kristen. Abe is determined to protect her from harm, and their attraction and feelings for one another begin to intensify. Abe soon realizes how fortunate he is to experience these feelings again, but Kristen has much to overcome before they can have a future together. As events escalate, putting not only Kristen, but all of those close to her, in danger, Abe and his team must race to find out the identify of the vigilante and to stop the others who are intent on harm.

I love this series by Karen Rose! Her books are definitely some of the most engrossing and intense romantic suspense novels that I have read recently. The suspense in this book was great, and the romance was definely touching. I enjoyed reading about how the hero and heroine overcame their pasts in order to find happiness with one another. I am looking forward to beginning the next novel in the series.

6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'm Watching You.

Auntee You're in for a treat, Christa. She hasn't written a 'stinker' yet!:)

Christa I'm glad to hear that all of her books are good. I'm really enjoying them so far.

jenjn79 I agree with Auntee, I've yet to read a book by Rose that didn't suck me in. I read most of here books from the library but I'm trying to buy them all so I can read the whole series again from the beginning.

Christa Isis, I'm reading them from the library and booksfree but I expect that by the time I finish the series, I'll be buying them too. It's nice to know that the rest of the series lives up to the ones I have already read.

jenjn79 I've picked up I think 3 of the books for my keeper shelf so far. Hopefully I'll get the others soon.

The rest of the books are just as good. Wait until you get to "Die For Me". That book just blew me away. It's horribly graphic, but the storyline is completely engrossing.