Ash's Reviews > Crown of Crystal Flame

Mar 23, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: adult, fantasy, 3-to-3-5-stars
Read from March 19 to 23, 2012

First of all, thank goodness I am done with this series! I usually read at a faster pace than what it took me to finish this. This last book disappointed me in a few ways. I was looking for an "epic" fantasy conclusion. I felt that we got we hoped for but it was delivered in a lackluster way. I would have preferred an epilogue, extra chapters at the end, anything to see what life was like after the EVENT. The event, mind you, we've been waiting for FIVE books.

I've heard there could be other spin off books and I'm not sure I'll read them. This series wasn't terrible but I'm not begging my friends/family to read it asap either. I'd rate the whole series as a 3 stars. Looking back, I still cannot see some of the purpose of the books in between. What was the entire story arc? Make book 5 book 4 and a new book 5 with a story after the 'event.' But, enough of my rant, I can say that Wilson is a good author, the story just wasn't for me.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crown of Crystal Flame.

azerjaban YAY! Someone who thinks like I do. Your right, when I first started this book I thought "this will be epic"
But sometime after book 3 it lost its momentum

message 2: by Ash (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ash ;) Of course we are going to think alike, one of your favorite authors is Ilona Andrews! That fact alone makes you more reputable than 99% of goodreads! Haha but in all seriousness one of my great friends recommends Jim butcher to me on a regular basis. Maybe I'll have to prioritize that!