V.L. Locey's Reviews > Blood Bound

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs

Mar 25, 12

Read from March 19 to 25, 2012

I have to admit it, the second book in this series grabbed me up and kept me turning pages faster than I had intended to. I had planned to space Blood Bound out until Monday night, then leap into Lover Reborn when I get my copy Tuesday. That didn`t happen and that says quite a lot about the storyline! I really like Mercedes Thompson. She`s not your typical leading lady! A shapeshifter that turns into a coyote (Nice touch!) and an auto mechanic. I like that Mercy has grease under her nails and isn`t the perfect Barbie doll so many women in romance/paranormal tales can be.

The plot in Blood Bound is tighter than a banjo string. The leading men in Mercy`s life (Yes I said men not man) are sexy, appealing and strong, but this is Mercy`s book and she does not back down from Alpha werewolves, dominant vampires or grumpy fey! The only complaint I have about the books is a small one. The lack of bedplay. Yes, the attractions Mercy has for the men that orbit around her is written really well but I`d like to see a bit more sizzle in the bed chamber. Other than that, so far this series is a real pleaser!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Bound.