Alexandria Tale's Reviews > To Scotland, With Love

To Scotland, With Love by Karen Hawkins

Jan 07, 15

bookshelves: 2-stars, despicable-heroine, historical, novel, reviewed, borrowed, karen-hawkins, friends-turned-lover, bad
Read from March 19 to 21, 2012

It started up good, but it really turned me off when the heroine acted I-know-it-all and thought herself as a good person. I really hate a character who bragged her/himself as a good and selfless person. That didn't sound like a GOOD person said. Because she was such a "good and selfless" person, she always wanted to pry and solve other people's problem but she gave more problems instead. She was such a meddlesome woman, and thought so highly of herself. She always said that the hero was a coldblooded man, and she despised that. But, I despised her more. She also described as a naive woman, but I thought her more to a stupid woman who got abducted while she could prevent it by asking her father first if her mother was really sick. But no, she didn't. She just flew off and left a letter for her father. S-t-u-p-i-d!

I gave this book two stars just because the sake of finishing it. I was tempted so many times to just skip it, but I thought it'd be better, but it didn't. The plot actually quite decent, a bit cliche, but still okay. The one who ruined it for me is the know-it-all heroine. Maybe I'll gave this author another chance, maybe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Scotland, With Love.

03/19/2012 page 40