Dorsi's Reviews > Love You More

Love You More by Lisa Gardner

Mar 22, 12

bookshelves: audio, mystery-thriller
Read from March 19 to 22, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this one. First of all, I did not like Detective D. D. Warren. She was very close minded. She determined the guilt of Tessa Leoni early on in the story and did not explore any other avenues in her mind or elsewhere. She was a very strong and abrasive (too strong actually) female character, which I usually prefer, but she was over the top.

Another thing that really got on my nerves throughout the story was a little song that Tessa Leoni, accused cop of murdering her husband & child, kept singing. I listened to this book & every time I heard it, I would roll my eyes. It gave it a cheesy factor. She kept singing, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." It was just weird and completely redundant.

I am glad I stayed with the book though because the wrap up was decent although possibly a bit unbelievable. The best part about it was the love that Tessa Leoni obviously felt for her daughter. The author did a great job conveying that love. There were a couple of times I got choked up and my eyes filled with tears.

This book was narrated by two narrators who both did a fantastic job. It was narrated by Kirsten Potter and Katie Macnichol who are as different as night and day in manner and in voice.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love You More.