Rachel's Reviews > Always a Witch

Always a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough

Mar 19, 12

bookshelves: five-stars, magic-supernatural, covergasm, i-ship-it, witches, screwed-up-families
Read on March 19, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I loved this book! I'm more accustomed to reading about the usual paranormal creatures like vampires and werewolves, so I was wary about taking on this series. Now, as I finished the sequel, I totally don't regret it at all.

I loved Tamsin! She is pretty sarcastic sometimes but she's certainly an individualist. The thing I loved about this series was how nicely everything falls together in the end. Like how the book ended with Tamsin doing the unthinkable, saving a Knight and losing her Talent in the process. I have to say, Tamsin's grandmother is very wise indeed, not telling Tamsin about her Talent and all in the first book.

And about the everything-falling-nicely part. Few books manage to achieve this, and so I applaud Miss MacCullough on her smart planning of this book. (:

And yes, don't forget the other characters. Rowena is pretty mean sometimes, in an almighty-older-sister kind of way, but Tamsin obviously loves her sister too. And I so loved Gabriel too. He is (mostly) supportive of Tamsin throughout the whole book and he gets me cracking up whenever he says his trademark innuendoes. LOL.

All in all, this is a wonderful book about witches, and plus a sprinkling of time traveling too!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always a Witch.

03/19/2012 page 250
91.0% "Finishing up soon ... Wow . Totally hooked on this book (:"