Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > Getting Rid Of Bradley

Getting Rid Of Bradley by Jennifer Crusie

Aug 09, 2008

bookshelves: 2008-reads
Read in August, 2008

When I woke up this morning, I was in the mood for something fun...and funny. So I picked up "Getting Rid of Bradley" by Jennifer Crusie. Originally published as a Harlequin Blaze in 1994, this story is one of her earlier ones. But is one of her funniest in my opinion.

Poor Lucy isn't having a good year. Her ex couldn't even be bothered to show up for the divorce, she beats up a mugger only to find out he's a cop, her efforts to change her life via hair dye have resulted in a strange, moss-green color, and apparently someone's trying to kill her! How did a quiet science teacher who's a little spacey and decided to marry based on the second law of thermodynamics end up in this mess?

Zack is a cop who doesn't want to grow up. He's a bundle of energy and allergic to maturity. But his instincts are always right. And his instincts are telling him that the lady with the funky hair who he LET hit him is somehow involved in his case. His instincts are also telling him that there's NO WAY IN HELL he's going to let anyone else protect her. What? Did he just say that?

Zany, funny, laugh-out-loud romance. If you need a pick-me-up, then pick this book up. You won't be sorry.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Getting Rid Of Bradley.

04/19 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-7)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 7: by Christa (new)

Christa Julie, I read this book when it first came out, and at that time I thought it was about the funniest one I had ever read. It was my first book by Jennifer Crusie, and made me a fan. I need to pull it back out and read it again too.

Julie (jjmachshev) I such a sucker for humor in romance and Crusie does that SOOO well.

Tammy Is this the original cover? I have an ooooolld copy with an original cover from Mira (1994), but I think I like this one better.

I wish Crusie would stop doing her stupid collaborations and write again!

Julie (jjmachshev) Yes, it's the original...and I hear on your writing, but I liked Agnes and the Hit Man

Tammy I liked cranky Agnes, but I had a hard time following many of the additional characters.

Have you looked up Crusie's website? I can't wait to read YOU AGAIN. She has portions of the book on her blog, but hasn't actually finished the book yet. A few other books she is working on look promising too. I just don't care so much for the collaborations. Crusie said recently (on her blog) that Bob is looking for a new writing partner, so maybe that is the end of that!

message 2: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz I haven't read anything by her yet but this was another one I wanted to get--looks like I should get reading 8-)

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen I *love* Getting Rid of Bradley. It's one of the least talked about Crusie novels, but I think it's one of her best. It was good enough that I bought a backup copy.