Jill's Reviews > The Journal of Best Practices: A Memoir of Marriage, Asperger Syndrome, and One Man's Quest to Be a Better Husband

The Journal of Best Practices by David    Finch

Mar 18, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: memoir
Read in March, 2012

Even if you don't have Aspergers syndrome, Finch has some great "best practices" for anyone trying to work on their relationship with their spouse. Things like, "they like being around you more when you are being cheerful and not hostile." Seems like "duh" but I find many of us are disengaged from our partners and our friends due to the stress of modernity. So we turn inwards and miss social cues and just stop caring. Finch shows us that if he can do it - with a legitimate excuse, no less - we can (and should) too. Instead of divorcing your jerk of a spouse, get this book and see of you can each be both more understanding and open to making some personal best practices!

I give it 3 and a half stars - there wasn't anything wrong with it, but not a "classic" yet in my internal bookshelf.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Journal of Best Practices.