Cassie C's Reviews > Circus Summer

Circus Summer by Kailin Gow

Jul 06, 12

Read in July, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect with this book. Since I knew it was dystopian, but also dealing with the circus, I was thinking it might be something like The Night Circus crossed with either her Desire series or The Hunger Games. Suffice to say, I loved The Hunger Games, but hated The Night Circus so I was a little worried if I would even like this book. However, I thought it was great! While this is definitely a setting-up book, there was never a time I felt that the story really dragged. Sure, there were some parts that I could have done without and felt were a little repetitious, but the ending was very good. I absolutely love Zachary, and loved reading from his POV. While having alternating perspectives can be disastorous for some authors, Ms. Gow pulled it off expertly. This book has a very interesting premise, and I am extremely excited to see where this series goes. Ms. Gow has never failed to dissapoint me in her storytelling, and I look forward to reading anything else she publishes. I just wish I could get the next one now, and wouldn't have to wait till the fall.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Circus Summer.