Wenfeng's Reviews > Stitches

Stitches by David Small

U_50x66
Apr 26, 12

Stitches is a book about a little boy named David. David was raised by his mother, Elizabeth and father. David had surgery and got his vocal cord removed. During the surgery the doctor discover that he had cancer but, didn't tell him. However, David was expected to die.

There's was a lot going on in this book. David's mother was a harsh mother, who never cared for hier son. When I was reading I thought that all she does for David was to keep him alive, by feeding him. I feel like she wouldn't go above this standard (feeding him) to try and keep him alive. There's was this time in life where she called David an embarrassment to her. This taught me to love my mother with all my heart by making her days simpler by helping out.

David was very depress through out the book. There's a question that was always stuck in his mind. This quote answer it on page Page 255 “I’m sorry David. It’s true. She doesn't love you.” A mother who raised her own son with the same blood and she doesn't love him. This answer was very shocking to David, he would always expect his mother to love him but it didn't turn out to be anthing like that.

Even though that David's mother never loved him, it didn't stop him from loving her. David rushed to the hospital when he was told that, his mother was dying. Without that love in his heart, David wouldn't have gone to see her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stitches.