Rebecca's Reviews > Atlas Shrugged

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

Aug 27, 08

bookshelves: classics, 2008, fiction
Read in August, 2008

** spoiler alert ** I'm torn with this one. I was disappointed that Eddie didn't get to go to the gully. I was disappointed that Dangy ended up with John, Hank would have made sense, Frisco even more but I didn't get the John thing. I agree with the basic meaning of the book although it enforced it too much. At times I couldn't stop reading, at others it was a struggle to keep going. Sometimes I think all I held onto was the love stories.....I can't be that shallow...can I? Overall I'm glad it was given to me though and that I read it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Atlas Shrugged.

Quotes Rebecca Liked

Ayn Rand
“You still love me - even if there's one expression of it that you will always feel and want, but will not give me no longer. I'm still what I was, and you'll always see it, and you'll always grant me the same response, even if there's a greater one that you grant another man. No matter what you feel for him, it will not change what you feel for me, and it won't treason to either, because it comes from the same root, it's the same payment in answer to the same values.”
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged