Sapphyria 's Reviews > The Slippery Art of Book Reviewing

The Slippery Art of Book Reviewing by Mayra Calvani

Mar 18, 2012

Read on March 18, 2012

Does your love for books make you want to tell everyone you can about them? Has is caused you to stop and think about taking up the task of publicly reviewing those very same books? Well, if you're looking for a good resource that will A) Help you decide if reviewing is for you; B) Discuss the ins and outs of writing quality reviews; C) List sources to post reviews; and D) Provide useful information involving authors, publishers, and review requests, "The Slippery Art of Book Reviewing" should be in your arsenal of preparatory materials. The amount of information and assistance in this reference book isn't just for the new reviewer. It contains sound information that even the seasoned review could do well to review once in awhile just as a refresher if they so desired.

I was unaware of this book when I began my book review blog in May 2011, however I'm glad I've been given the opportunity to not only review this for the authors but read it for my own pleasure and education. There are many aspects that I already know and incorporate into my reviews but I'm also very aware that my reviews may not be considered much beyond amateurish. Here is where this educational book will help me, a budding book reviewer, strengthen the reviews I do.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Slippery Art of Book Reviewing.