Fauzia's Reviews > Fear

Fear by Michael  Grant

Mar 18, 2012

bookshelves: to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fear.

message 1: by Fauzia (new) - added it

Fauzia omg the spoiler my michael grant..
And who do you think is going to die and who's going to lost there virginity.

Fear is the fifth and penultimate installment of Michael Grant's Gone series. It was originally entitled Darkness, but the word is too long to fit on the cover. For the English edition of Fear, the cover of the book has been revealed to be purple. The US cover has been publicly released and includes Quinn and Diana on the front, with Sam and Dekka on the back, a fact that has been confirmed by the author. It has been said that Fear will be released on April 3, 2012. The following are ten spoilers handwritten by Michael Grant himself:
1) Remember that it was originally titled DARKNESS.
2) At one point Sam will rub Diana's tummy.
3) Astrid-haters will love her by the end.
4) There's a surprising "coming out."
5)... A heart will be broken.
6) You will learn why Sam and not Caine.
7) There is a huge betrayal.
8) Someone will lose their virginity.
9) Someone we know well will die.
10) A scene so dark and anguished my editors wanted me to tone it down. (Of course I didn't. How long have you known me?)

Teaser extract from the second Scene in Fear:

She wore denim jeans and a plaid flannel shirt over a black T-shirt several sizes too big. A leather belt made two turns around her waist. It was a man’s belt, and a big man at that. But it was sturdy and bore the weight of the .38 revolver, the machete, and her water bottle. Her backpack was dirty and the seams were all frayed, but it sat comfortably on her thin shoulders. In the pack she had three precious vacuum packs of dehydrated macaroni liberated from distant campsites. Just add water. She also had most of a cooked pigeon in a Tupperware container, a dozen wild green onions, a bottle of vitamins – she allowed herself one every three days – as well as pencil and paper, three books, a small bag of pot and a little pipe, needle and thread, two Bic lighters, and a spare water bottle. There was also a medicine pouch: a few Band-Aids, a mostly used tube of Neosporin and a dozen precious Tylenol, and infinitely more precious tampons. Astrid Ellison had changed.

Here is another set of Spoilers that Michael Grant has released
The Darkness continues to take over people's minds, including Dekka, Astrid, and Pete. Lana discovers feelings for Drake. There is a character worse than Drake. The character's name is Sally Jean, a girl who can freeze anything by touching it. Pete's powers cause chaos when he trips on his shoelace and knocks himself out. Caine will be introduced to the concept of karma while everyone leaves the island but him. The book is 603 pages.