Reading Teen (Andye)'s Reviews > Starters

Apr 18, 12

bookshelves: great-on-audio, clean-read
Read from March 18 to 25, 2012

The Audio:

I was really excited to get this audiobook from Listening Library because Amy really liked it, and I'd heard such great things about it. When I got the audio, and popped it in I was SO EXCITED to hear the voice of Rebecca Lowman. She also read for the Nightshade series, and she is one of my favorite female readers. I just love her. She has such an appealing voice and just really draws you into the story. She makes you really believe that she is the main character, and feels everything so intensely. I didn't think her male voices were as distinctive as they were in Nightshade, but as there was usually only one guy in the "scene" at a time, I didn't think it was a big deal. She does such a great job with the male voice, I actually forget it's a girl reading. This book was seriously exciting, and if you're looking for a great new dystopian audiobook, I highly recommend checking out Starters!

The Book:

I highly enjoyed this book. My roommate and I were actually listening to it at the same time and she would text me to see if I'd gotten as far as her because she wanted to talk about everything. She kept saying, "This author is just so imaginative and creative!" and I agree. There were constant twists and turns, and I just kept thinking about what it would be like if people actually did this! It was morbid and fascinating at the same time. Like a train wreck you just can't take your eyes off of. And just when you think you have things figured out, Lissa throws a big fat wrench in things that make you question everything. There were moments when I was fascinated, moments when I was angry, and moments when I was just grossed out!! At times things were a little sketchy, but overall, I just really enjoyed this book and I'm excited to see what happens in book 2!

-Andye
Readingteen.net

Violence: Heavy
Sexual: None
Profanity: One minor word

For full content info GO to Parental Book Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starters.

03/19/2012 page 18
5.0% ""What no one told me, with all those warnings, is that even after you've fallen, even after you know how painful it is, you'd still get in line to do it again.""
03/19/2012