Vanessa theJeepDiva's Reviews > Hellbound

Hellbound by Berinn Rae

Mar 20, 12

bookshelves: 2012, ebook, paranormal-romance, request
Read from March 18 to 20, 2012

Lana hates that she has fallen victim to a curse. That’s how she views the furry and vicious side of her life, a curse. She’s had no one around to explain to her what is going on. Lana has figured out that there is a plus side to her new furry self. She can kill the mindless creatures that are similar to her who are thoughtlessly killing innocents.

Orion’s hunt for Dominion leader Cellach has brought him to the human plane. Cellach has been an enemy to Orion for numerous years, he’s been looking forward to the day that he can put him in a grave. Cellah has been creating an army of Hellhounds, with a twist. He has been using wraiths to create his army. Orion and his team consisting of Guardians and pack discover that this is a far tougher opponent than your typical Hellhound.

Lana soon feels drawn to one like her. This one is like her in appearance and he also slays the evil Hellhounds, just in a far more efficient manner than her. Orion is shocked the first time he sees the female Hellhound. As with all Hellhounds, he has thought females simply didn’t exist any longer. Lana is curious about what the curse has done to her, why and how it happened. The answer to all of her questions lies with this sexy man who seems to want her near him.

I liked Lana and Orion. Orion has been in the position as a leader for so long that he’s not used to anyone not going along with all of his plans. Lana makes him see that she isn’t under his command. She is not one of his pack mates that will just follow his orders. She wants her vengeance for what has happened to her. There is more behind her turning than just a turning. She is angry and seeks revenge. Orion is equally angry. He has considered Lana as his from the moment he first saw her. To find out someone maliciously harmed her is just unacceptable.

I have to mention one of the villains. I thoroughly enjoyed his page time. Danny was so narcissistic and full of himself that he was completely delusional. I loved the pages from his point of view. He constantly shocked me with what convoluted idea would sprout from his mind next. Ideas of grandeur are a mild understatement when it comes to this man. His opinions of how the little lady should behave will have every reader personally plotting his painful demise. As a reader I could not help but think that when this fool went down he was going down hard.

I’m not sure where the series will go from here. None of the other Seven had roles in Hellbound. The characters consisted of Orion, the Guardians and his pack. There are still members of the Dominion remaining alive so of course the series will continue. I’m just always super curious at the end of a book and want to know who is next in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hellbound.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Berinn (new) - added it

Berinn Rae Glad you enjoyed! To answer your question... the next book is Rafe's story, the tortured Guardian who was missing during Hellbound. There will also be plenty more of Tatiana, the dark witch of the Dominion, too! :-)