Alba BookPics's Reviews > Easy

Easy by Tammara Webber

May 30, 12

bookshelves: owned, on-my-kinddle, favorites, re-re-reads
Read from May 28 to 30, 2012 — I own a copy

A Masterpiece...

I tried my best, beautiful people.
And I hope that I made a good-enough review.
Forgive me if I didn't.

My lips were sensitive and tingly. Touching them brought rushes of gooey memories-his hands, and what they'd done in concert with his mouth-the crazy-making kisses, and the few words he'd spoken.
You're so beautiful.

Note-This is a matureYA book.
I wish I could tell you exactly how this book will make you feel.
I wish I had words beautiful enough to describe it.
I wish I knew more english words than I know now to detail just how the writing of the story got to me.
I wish I could warn you of the many times my heart felt squeezed so tight I thought it might explode.
I wish I had written down all my favorite passages but that would mean writing down the whole book again.
I wish I could sit here and pretend to be able to sell you the book I think every single person out there needs to have.
I wish upon the stars that I could be wherever Tammara Webber is and be able to thank her personally for writing this book.
I wish all of you could have watched my expressions for the whole time it took me to read this book.
But besides wishing...
I hope
I hope that all of whom read this book gets if just a little, touched and encouraged to buy and read it.
I hope you can get to love it.
I hope you can get to connect in ANY way.
I hope you smile.
I hope you speak up.
I hope you tear up.
I hope... I hope... I hope...

"I want to see your tattoos."

When I opened the eBook on my kindle for PC... I didn't expect that this book would instantly make it to my 2012 favorite reads. But not only did it made it to the 2012Fave list it's now on my favorite reads EVER.
Jacqueline-I refuse to call her the other name-is an incredible character, scratch that, it's an AMAZING and the perfect main character for 'Easy', I cannot believe how a relate-able character she was during my reading, whether you relate to her case with -Buck- or her relationship with her family or her relationship with Erin or Maggie or her relationship with -K- or her relationship with 'L1' or 'L2' there are lots of moments, lots of times, lots of scenes where any girl can relate to her... I love her, I simply simply love her. And most of all, she was real. I could always picture her. Tammara's writing made me live each and every single second of the book as if I was the main character and not her.
I got to hate the people Jacqueline hated, I got to fall in love with the man she falls in love with, I got to have 2 amazing best friends, I got to experience horrific moments but also moments so sweet and intense that I had to take little breaks in order to get my breathing return to normal and reduce the flush on my cheeks, I got to fight with her, I got to laugh out loud and receive weary looks from my family because of it, I got to attend parties-something I'm not really inclined to while IRL- I got to be playful, to learn a few self-defense kicks... Oh my cloud! I got to do EVERYTHING she did.
And that wouldn't have been possible if not for Tammara's incredible-amazing-beautiful-genius writing.

"Well, hacking up a lung out in public isn't all that attractive-just sayin'."

While, as I said before, I wish a lot of things-one of them being able to write a good enough review, a review that could give you even a hint as to what this book is about-I simply cannot make myself describe it nor resume it.
Diving into this story head first with little idea as to what it's about is one of the best things that could have happened to me.

So, I plead to you. Please read this book.
Because I can assure you won't regret it and you will be going back to read it all over again once you finish it.

And afterwards... you WILL see...
*That you HAVE to speak up. NEED to speak up.
*That you're not alone-never, I will never get tired of saying this,
NEVER ALONE!
*That it's amazing when you find out how strong we women can be.
*That you CAN and WILL get over it.
*That time passes and the past passes...
*That it's NOT your fault.
-And because I'm a hopeless romantic I couldn't miss telling you...
*That love can heal even the most horrible wounds. It might leave scars but those are way better than an open bleeding wound.

"What kind of university employee would I be, to encourage you to skip class the last week of the semester?"

MY WEAKNESSES
As is expected of Tammara, the 2 weaknesses I have were completely exploited in this book. The cover goes AMAZINGLY well with the story & with both main characters :D And...
The TITTLE! Oh my clouds!!!! The tittle is PERFECT it's such a contradiction yet so fitting for the story I'm not going to even PRETEND to explain it, I'll let the book do that for you. Though beware because it's IN the book as much as it is ON it.

I give this book
10/5
Special rating on ---BookPics---

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy.

Quotes Alba Liked

Tammara Webber
“Love is not the absence of logic
but logic examined and recalculated
heated and curved to fit
inside the contours of the heart”

Tammara Webber
“Choosing to be with you, isn't a difficult decision, Jacqueline...It's easy. Incredibly easy.”

Tammara Webber
“I wanted to tell you that I just--I miss you. And maybe that sounds ridiculous--like we barely know each other, but between the emails and texts and... everything else, I felt like we did. Like we do. and I miss--I don't know how else to say it--I miss both of you.”

Tammara Webber
“The truth was, he now belonged only to my past, and it was time I begin to accept it, as much as it hurt to do so.”

Tammara Webber
“Your father is Dr. Lucas--one of the foremost minds in modern economics--and you're studying art? What the hell are you going to do with a degree in art?"

She drew herself up to all five foot two, eyes flashing, and said, "I'm going to make the world more beautiful. What are you going to do? Make money?”

Tammara Webber
“The way he kissed me felt like a brand. Like he was tattooing himself under my skin.”

Tammara Webber
“I breathed him in, closing my mouth tight and inhaling the scent of him through my nose. I felt sheltered by him. Safe.”

Tammara Webber
“The last time someone dried my hair for me was in sixth grade, when i broke my arm."
"How did you break it?"
"I fell out of a tree."
"You fell out of a tree?"
"I think there was a boy and a dare involved."
"Ah.”

Tammara Webber
“Alcohol removes inhibitions. It doesn't trigger criminal violence where there was none before.”

Tammara Webber
“As we lay in the semi-dark hours later, we faced each other, sharing his pillow. I'd never felt more connected to anyone.”

Tammara Webber
“I had to stop linking every single thing that happened to me with Kennedy. Realization dawned then, that he was still my default. Over the past three years, we’d become each other’s habit. And though he’d broken his habit of me when he walked away, I’d not broken my habit of him. I was still tethering him to my present, to my future. The truth was, he now belonged only to my past, and it was time I began to accept it, as much as it hurt to do so.”

Tammara Webber
“Rather than raising his voice like everyone else, he leaned close to my ear and asked, "Dance with me?" I felt his warm breath and inhale the scent of his aftershave -something basic and male.”

Tammara Webber
“His blood? From his nose?"
I nodded, disgusted.
"Good girl." His arms slid around me again. "God, you 're so fucking amazing.”

“Wait."
"Stop?"
I bit my lip and nodded.
"Stop everything, or just go no further?"
"Just...just no further."
"Done."
He gathered me into his arms and kissed me, one hand tangled in my hair and the other one caressing down my back, our hearts pulsing out a cadence that the musician in me translated into a concert of lust.”

Tammara Webber
“I didn’t realize I was frozen in place until a classmate shouldered into me, knocking my heavy backpack from my shoulder. “’Scuse me,” he
grumbled, his tone more Get out of the way than Sorry I ran into you.
As I bent to retrieve my backpack, praying Kennedy and his fangirl hadn’t seen me, a hand grasped the strap and swung the pack up from
the floor. I straightened and looked into clear gray-blue eyes. “Chivalry isn’t really dead, you know.”

Tammara Webber
“Did that hurt? On your lip?"
"Not too much. I said a few choice four-letter words, though.”

“How did you know???
I'm Erin. I know all. ;)”

Tammara Webber
“Keep looking at me,” she said, laughing as though we were having an amusing conversation. “He’s staring at you. And I mean staring. That boy is undressing you with his eyes. Can you feel it?” Her expression was triumphant.

Could I feel his stare? I can now, thanks, I thought.”

Tammara Webber
“He was in a slow-motion mood-one of my favorites, though it meant i'd be driven crazy before we were done.”

05/28/2012
05/29/2012
32.0% "Of course I'm reading this fast!! What did you expect? It's freaking Tammara Webber!"
show 3 hidden updates…