Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream's Reviews > Madly & Wolfhardt

Madly & Wolfhardt by M. Leighton

Mar 21, 12

bookshelves: 4-stars
Read from March 18 to 19, 2012

When the underwater city of Atlas is attacked and eight Lore are set free, Madly must team up with her childhood crush Jackson and capture the escaped Lore. Madly. Think courageous, loyal, and dedicated. Right now, you may be thinking, "Woo hoo! Madly and Jackson can team up, save the bad guys, fall in love, and live happily ever after." Unfortunately, things aren't always that easy. You see, Madly is set to marry another royal, her good friend Aiden. Aiden. Think good buddy. Think zero sparks. Madly has been waiting to feel this supernatural spark with Aiden. She is convinced that is will turn their platonic, brother-sister type friendship into something more, but instead of feeling the spark with Aiden, she feels it for Jackson. Jackson. Think sexy, protective warrior. Think best friends brother! Think long time crush. Think best guy ever! Again, this should be okay, but it's not because Jackson is a Sentinel. Sentinel. Think NOT of royal blood. Think NOT good enough for the Princess. Think majorly forbidden. Can true love conquer all? Or will age old traditions prevent Madly from being with her true love?

Watch Out! Once you start reading Madly & Wolfhardt you won't be able to stop! From the very first chapter, I was inserted in the characters lives, and I couldn't put this book down for anything.

Going in to this series, I thought that Madly & Wolfhardt were the only two books in the Madly series. I assumed that this series was complete because the two books were bundled together. I know that's crazy logic, but that was my logic nonetheless! Now that I have finished Madly & Wolfhardt, I am happy to report that M. Leighton is currently working on Madly #3, and it is expected to be released in the next month or so. Typically, I would be disappointed that I didn't get "closure" when I was expecting it. However, I am so happy that I get to watch Madly's journey continue that I don't even care. I'd pick more Madly over closure any day!

The Madly series is a fabulous paranormal romance. Honestly, I enjoyed everything about this series: the characters, the storyline, the supernatural, the drama, and the romance. The supernatural element in this novel was very captivating. I'm dying to see what happens next. Like, I wanted to cry when Madly & Wolfhardt ended! Not because the ending was sad, but because I really, really wanted to keep reading.

I read about a book a day, and Madly is my first mermaid series. I know, weird right? There have been a couple mermaid series that have caught my eye, but I never ended up purchasing them because they all seemed too young for me! This series, however, was perfect. In my opinion, this novel appeals to all young adults, younger young adults and older young adults. It definitely had enough heat and chemistry to keep me satisfied! Plus, it has that forbidden romance thing going on, and that just gets me every time. :)

I gave Madly & Wolfhardt by M. Leighton 4 STARS. I strongly recommend the Madly series.

*Madly (Madly #1) is a novelette. Madly & Wolfhardt (Madly #1 & 2) is a full length novel, which includes Madly (Madly #1). If you purchase Madly & Wolfhardt then you do not need to purchase Madly.

-XOXO

READING, EATING AND DREAMING

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Madly & Wolfhardt.