Maxine's Reviews > Rapture

Rapture by Lauren Kate

May 02, 14

bookshelves: favorites
Read from April 25 to May 02, 2014

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rapture.

Quotes Maxine Liked

Lauren Kate
“I want you to know that I would do it all again. I will choose you every time.”

Lauren Kate
“Heartbreak is its own form of amnesia.”

Lauren Kate
“Mortality is the most romantic story ever told. Just one chance to do everything you should. Then, magically, you move on.”

Lauren Kate
“Then the angels, the demon, and the Nephilim flew to distant corners of the sky, leaving a moment's brilliant flash of light behind them, as below, Luce and Daniel fell in love for the first-and the last- time”

Lauren Kate
“Inspiration is an excuse for doing something you already want to do.”

Lauren Kate
“You must remember how to dream what you already know.”

Lauren Kate
“The past is important for all the information and wisdom it holds. But you can get lost in it. You've got to learn to keep the knowledge of the past with you as you pursue the present.”

Lauren Kate
“Her heart pounded as [Cam's] lips bypassed hers and came to a stop, whispering in her ear: 'Don't let him flip you off next time.”

Lauren Kate
“You are the soul that fits into mine”

Lauren Kate
“You have to stop loving me.
Because I stopped loving you.”

Lauren Kate
“All that is good in Heaven and on Earth is made of love. Maybe that wasn’t your plan when you created the universe—maybe love was just one aspect of a complicated and brutal world.
But love was the best thing you made, and it has become the only thing worth saving. This war is not just.
This war is not good. Love is the only thing worth fighting for.”

04/25 marked as: currently-reading