Sheli's Reviews > Seesaw

Seesaw by Rosen Trevithick

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: 2012, kindle, short-story, mental-health
Read on April 16, 2012

I have read some of Rosen's work before and have really enjoyed it so was looking forward to giving this a go. I was not disappointed.

The book has a foreword from the author explaining her reasons for writing and her own battles and I really thought that this gave an extra dimension to the book to know that the stories were so close to the authors heart.

This book is a collection of short stories and contains a real mixture of very funny stories and some really serious and emotional pieces. Rosen does both funny and serious just as well as each other and I wish her every luck with her career, I'm sure she will be very successful.

My favourite stories from this collection were There's Something Wrong With the Man Nextdoor as it was hilarious and The Selfish Act as it was thought provoking and could be well used to bring more attention to mental health illnesses in the UK and how they can make sufferers feel.

Rosen's style of writing reminds me of my own and I can also see myself in many of her characters. I would recommend this versatile and talented writer and all styles of her work.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seesaw.

04/16/2012