Jennifer Lane's Reviews > Starstruck

Starstruck by Lisa Sanchez

Starstruck is an awesome short story by Lisa Sanchez.

Amberly gets a flat tire and handsome boy “T” stops to help her out. She’s been unlucky in love but has a blind date that evening, and he’s so smoking gorgeous she wishes he could be her date. They’re changing the tire when a brilliant meteor crashes nearby.

Deciding to check out the crash site, T encourages Amberly to make a wish on the “fallen star”. That’s when the meteor explodes, covering them in green goo and turning the story into an other-worldly romance.

I liked how we get both Amberly and T’s perspectives, and T’s mysterious identity makes for a great ending. Lisa’s writing is sexy and fun.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starstruck.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Buggy (new)

Buggy I'm having visions of Stephen King in.... what was that movie he was in based on his short story? He actually stars in it as a overall wearing farmer that touches a meteor and starts growing grass on his body. Oh this is going to bug me

Jennifer Lane Buggy, I'm not sure I've seen that one, but it sounds creepy as all get out.

message 3: by Buggy (new)

Buggy I'm trying to find it now(cause its still buggin me) Its older, early nineties probably. More a dark comedy then horror

Jennifer Lane Oh no, Buggy's gettin' bugged ha ha.

message 5: by Buggy (last edited Mar 18, 2012 02:07PM) (new)

Buggy I'm Bugged! LOL

I found it, Its from the 1982 (! damn I'm old) movie Creepshow.

Five tales of terror are presented. The second is about a not-too-bright farmer discovering a meteor that turns everything into plant-life.

The lonesome death of Jordy Verrill

Jennifer Lane That sounds familiar. Have you seen the movie Cat's Eye?

message 7: by Buggy (last edited Mar 18, 2012 02:07PM) (new)

Buggy Yeah it was along the same lines as that and about the same time too. Hmm directed by George A Romero, thats why its memerable

IMDB saves the day, now I can focus again

Jennifer Lane Sorry Buggy, I accidentally deleted one of your messages in an attempt to post an image of my favorite character from Cat's Eye:

description

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Sanchez I remember Cat's Eye. Creepy!!!!!!

Jennifer Lane I love when the gremlin above pinched Drew Barrymore's nose in order to suck out her breath, eek!

message 11: by Buggy (new)

Buggy Wasn't Drew Barrymore in one of the stories? You should check out Stephen King as Grass farmer man

Jennifer Lane Ewwww!