Noshin Choudhury's Reviews > Where It Began

Apr 25, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: didn-t-have-the-will-to-finish
Read from March 27 to April 24, 2012

I knew what was going to happen the minute i read the first chapter, i don't know if it was supposed to be as obvious as it was but nevertheless i dragged my way through it thinking maybe something else will happen. It was a chore to finish tbh. It's in the didn't have the will to finish pile because although i did finish it i actually didn't have the will i dragged myself through it bit by bit and was so disappointed with how EVERYTHING was so mundane and boring and done before. The characters were crap too. i didn't connect with any of them...**goes to change the 2 stars to 1** I just realized how crappy the characters are, urgh, the main character was annoying cow, she was plain and i couldn't connect with her on any level, she was just stupid. when she finds out everyone knew...she does absa-fucking-lutely nothing, she doesn't scream or act in a rational manner - rational being how any other normal teen would act. her friends had no life, they were a background after thought, even what she had with her b/f seemed like an after thought. It was this massive build up to the most obvious secret with characters that weren't thought out and with a really really disappointing ending. god, i just realized how much i hated it and how much i hate the fact that even bothered to finish it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where It Began.