Victoria (vikz writes)'s Reviews > Love and Romanpunk

Love and Romanpunk by Tansy Rayner Roberts

summary

I have beeb listening to Galactic suburbia http://www.galactisuburbia.podbean.com/ for quite some time and I was interested in reading this book. It couldn't have been better for me. It takes the Roman world, turns it into a mythological sphere and then brings it forward to the modern world.

structure

The narrative is told in a series of short stories that contain a overarching narrative arch. Each is set in a different historical period. Each one shows the fight that takes place between the Julias and various mythological creatures.

characters

Some of the characters are historical characters altered slightly. While, others are fictional characters placed in historical settings. The final section being fully fictional contains fictional characters. But, they are all believable. The research is evident but the author uses it with a light touch.

conclusion

READ THIS BOOK,
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love and Romanpunk.

message 1: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Chandler Hi Victoria

Thanks for your participation in the Australian Women Writers 2012 challenge. I've been tidying up some broken links on the website and found that some of your links weren't going to the actual review (just the blog site). Do you mind if I edit the link so it comes here to GoodReads? (Or, if I can find a way to go to the actual blog post, I will.)

Thanks again,