Pam's Reviews > A Game of Thrones: The Book of Ice and Fire RPG rulebook

A Game of Thrones by Simone Cooper

Mar 23, 12

Read in March, 2012

I can hardly believe it, but I have fallen in love with this series. I do like imagniary worlds and medieval times, but I tend to get attached to characters and stop reading if the author kills them off. I would warn any readers like me, not to get attached to these characters, because most of them don't last long. They are, however, well-drawn characters, with clear individual personalities and their actions run true to character. Nothing seems forced or contrived.

I have read the first book and watched the HBO series. The series is very close to the book, but I personally still like to read the book before I watch a performance. I am on the second book now and am looking forward to the TV series which starts again on April 1. I think this book will be the next young adult craze (following the much more poorly written Twilight series and Hunger Games series) and, yet, its subject matter is more appropriate for adult readers.

It seems to me that most writers who attempt sequels fail to keep up the quality of the books. I am hoping that this does not happen here.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

Yangliu I have same feeling with you, excellent review!

message 2: by Pam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam Yangliu wrote: "I have same feeling with you, excellent review!"

Thanks for the comment. I am now a member of the "Kill George R.R. Martin Club". Just kidding, but I read all the books available very quickly and now, like millions of others, I am waiting and waiting for the next book. I am trying not to care and as time goes on, I do care less and less. I do hope he finishes it before he dies, but it has been a long time coming.