Roxy's Reviews > Clockwork Prince

bookshelves: reviewed, favorites
Read in May, 2012

Taken from my book blog: Keeping Up With Roxy's Books
Review Copyright © of Keeping Up With Roxy's Books

Clockwork Prince is fabulous! Even though I don't particularly like Cassandra Clare, I love her stories and the way she makes you stay glue to the book. She has this talent that just sort of sucks you in when you read her writing and I guess that is what makes Clockwork Prince so amazing! Cassandra Clare has outdone her self with an amazing piece of writing. Although the plot was a tad bit slow, Clare has done it once again. There were so many twists and turns and gasp moments that each chapter ended with you wanting more.

Things have changed a lot since Clockwork Angel though. Tessa's feelings for Will and Jem intensify, which gives a little edge to the book. The Institute seems more somber after Nate's betrayal. Everybody seemed so torn, depressed, and blamed themselves for making such a stupid mistake on Nate's behalf when clearly it was Nate's fault. The characters overall seemed more real than Clockwork Angel and you could feel what they were going through.

Tessa seemed much stronger in this book, which I'm so happy that happened. I didn't like her being the weak, underdog in Clockwork Angel, so it was nice to see a change for once. She was less whiney, and more mature. I think Tessa is becoming more like the famous YA heroines such as Katniss or Tris. Tessa was strong, independent, and courageous in this book, but she also shows her feelings. She feels so relatable because in addition to being strong, she has confused feelings for Will and Jem. Having adding this to her personality makes her seem so much more relatable and easier to connect with.

I don't want to confuse you guys in any way shape or form, so I'll stick with shutting my mouth and not saying anymore so I don't ruin the book for you guys. I'm not sure if I can handle what's going to happen in Clockwork Princess. *Fingers cross*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Prince.