Amanda's Reviews > Chasing Midnight

Chasing Midnight by Randy Wayne White

Mar 28, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read on March 27, 2012

I won this book as a FirstRead from GoodReads.

This book was VERY well written. You can definitely tell this author has either extensive writing experience or a very great natural talent.

That being said, I loved the premise of this book- and that is what attracted me to the book in the beginning. However, the subject matter was a different story- dare I say that I felt this was more of a "man's" book? I am sure many women would enjoy the subject matter, if not also the action sequences. For my taste, the subject (marine biology) was mediocre at best, and the action sequences, while well-written, were not what I look for in a book.

I would have thoroughly enjoyed it if the premise had been explored in a more detailed manner. It is mentioned at the start of and slightly maintained throughout the book, but it comes across as more of "just another survival of the fittest" suspense novel instead of researching the "what would happen if" we had a pandemic loss of technology.

I felt neutral about "Chasing Midnight." I did not like it as much as most books I read, even ones that are more poorly written. I did appreciate the writing techniques and the absence of grammatical and spelling errors!

I would recommend this book not for those with an interest in sudden and unexpected loss of technology, but instead those with an interest in suspense slated towards a "man's view."
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Midnight.

03/26/2012 page 300

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Deanna also on Leafmarks because I miss Marco Not a good Doc Ford book to start with. You need to read in order. I am an older woman and I am an avid follower of this series. I love the action that is usually in these books.

Amanda Deanna wrote: "Not a good Doc Ford book to start with. You need to read in order. I am an older woman and I am an avid follower of this series. I love the action that is usually in these books."

Thanks for the advice! I may look for others from this author... any suggestions where to start?