Sandra Lopez's Reviews > Her Best Friend

Her Best Friend by Sarah Mayberry

Mar 18, 12

My thoughts: You feel an instant connection between Amy and Quinn. I thoroughly enjoyed the re-living of their childhood, like when Amy first noticed Quinn's transformation from boy to man. Your sympathy goes out to Amy for her unrequited love for Quinn. I mean, c'mon, we've all had that feeling where you like someone and that person doesn't give you a second peek. And when Amy loses Quinn to her other friend! Well, that just sucks! After all, nobody likes being the third wheel.

Even though this story was predictable--a Harlequin book always is--I was happy when Amy and Quinn finally got together because they worked. I've always said that the best relationships stem from a friendship because no one is trying to impress; all the sags, moles, and wrinkles are there. And that's okay because it means that these two people are hanging out with each other because of who they really are on the inside. And that's important. I'm reminded of the "Jerry and Elaine" relationship on Seinfeld. They went out, broke up, and became the best of friends--the kind you can't imagine living day-to-day without. Can you imagine that? Most people who break up can't be friends, even if that's where it started, because it's just too weird for them. But Jerry and Elaine pulled it off. Friendships are the best!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Best Friend.