Mirjam's Reviews > No One Noticed the Cat

No One Noticed the Cat by Anne McCaffrey

Mar 25, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, fairy-tale
Read on March 18, 2012

I love cats, fairy tales and Anne McCaffrey, so imagine my surprise when I discovered No One Noticed The Cat! I had never heard of this book before, but once I did I just had to get better acquainted. Unfortunately it is currently out of print, so it took some effort - and time- to get my hands on a copy, but I succeeded!

Young Prince Jamas was raised by the sensible, wise Regent Mangan after his somewhat irresponsible parents passed away. Will Jamas's 'wild blood' have out now that his wise, old guardian is gone or was Mangan able to instill enough sense in his young pupil to guarantee Esphania's well-being? To help ensure a good future Mangan's cat Niffy will be there to guide Jamas through difficult moments.

No One Noticed The Cat is a wonderful fairy tale adventure, which although geared towards children will be cherished by adults as well. Anne McCaffrey wrote a fairy tale with classical fairy tale elements like love at first sight followed up by marriage, an evil witch or stepmother and intelligent animals. Niffy is always there at crucial times, but otherwise allows the prince to make his own decisions. At some point a pupil is expected to practice what he or she has been taught. Well, Niffy-Mangan are giving Jamas the space to act like a responsible king. Quite a nice touch to the story.

The youngsters from both kingdom are typical young adults wanting lots of action and adventure. Jamas, Grenejon, Laurel, Willow, Salinah and Mavron are all very likeable characters, even though Salinah doesn't like cats! There is action and the threat of death by poison. I had fun reading this uncomplicated, enchanting fairy tale and I am glad I found out about it!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No One Noticed the Cat.