Collette's Reviews > Caine's Reckoning

Caine's Reckoning by Sarah McCarty

Nov 01, 08

bookshelves: erotica, mccarty
Recommended to Collette by: Pamela(AllHoney)
Read in November, 2008, read count: 1

Well let me start off by saying I totally understand why this book is all over the map when it comes to reviews.
My emotions did a rollercoaster ride throughout the whole book. I want to add here that I was glad I chose the ride but can't say I enjoyed the whole thing. :D
We have the classic "abused by men in the Wild West" heroine that is rescued by the "alpha tough cowboy" of the Wild West.
In this case the abused heroine has been severely used by some high dollar citizens. The hero rushes in with his high libido and dominating personality. This was where I got a bit mad. I felt he should have been a bit more sensitive to what she had been through from before. I was turned way off by a few of the earlier scenes. She became a Barbiedoll to me.
I did keep on reading despite my instincts to quit at this point. I was glad I did. The sex scenes were very sensual and hot!!!
I won't go on besides this point to ruin it for everyone else but this book will be a test for some.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Caine's Reckoning.

10/28/2008 page 37
10/30/2008 page 186
39.24% "I like it so far but some parts sure do make me mad. :?"

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Are you going to read Sam's Creed? I liked it, but it, like this one, got a variety reactions from readers.

Eastofoz I thought Caine could've been more sensitive too given Desi's history and how he found her which was why I liked Sam's Creed a whole lot more and I'm dying to read Tucker's Claim that will be released next year.

Collette Yeah, both Sam and Tucker seemed like they would have been more sensitive to Desi's issues in the beginning which was what bothered me. Caine wanted her so bad but didn't seem to have the gumption or will to understand what made her body tick.

message 2: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Great review C!! ;D

H

Kathrynn Yes, that's exactly how I felt about this one.