Fallon's Reviews > Bride of the Night

Bride of the Night by Heather Graham

Apr 01, 12

bookshelves: kindle, paranormal, pnr, series, vampire
Read from March 18 to 19, 2012

This was the third book in a series, and I didn’t know that before I picked this up, but from what I can tell these are all pretty much stand alone. I’ve heard good things about Heather Graham, but I guess I shouldn’t have started with this book, because now my vision is skewed to the not so favorable position. The writing was bad, it was very descriptive, so descriptive you know everything that’s coming. More importantly it was boring and really not all that interesting. Yes, it’s ‘cool’ that we see a lot of the historical aspects of the end of the Civil War and how Tara really wants to save Lincoln, and how they are connected. But, overall the story is just flat, it leaves little to the imagination because it’s all drawn out for you in painstaking detail. I don’t know maybe people like everything laid out for them and the predictability of everything but this one just wasn’t for me. I will have to pick up another Heather Graham book in the future, but it’ll be one that I’ve heard more praise for.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bride of the Night.

03/18/2012