stephanie's Reviews > Skin Privilege

Skin Privilege by Karin Slaughter

Aug 05, 07

bookshelves: trashythrillers, would-rec, absolutely-must-read, mystery
Read in July, 2007

i am so. happy. about this book. seriously. and so happy i didn't wait and got it when i did, though the cover of the american version is awful pretty . . . though i don't like the title as much. Beyond Reach.

i don't know how much i can say without ruining the book, but seriously, the whole thing just keeps going and going and then it ends, and you're like, wtf?! it's such a wtf that the author wrote a letter to answer the inevitable flood of questions/etc.

i, however, couldn't be happier with the ending. the only thing that makes me horribly sad is that she isn't writing another grant county book next - she's writing something else, and then she'll come back to grant county. which means THREE YEARS until i get more sara and lena!! which is so wrong. and makes me happy that i read this one slowly. sigh. so good.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skin Privilege.

Sarah Verminski Do you hate Jeffery or something?

stephanie Sarah wrote: "Do you hate Jeffery or something?"

not at all! i just thought it was a very brave decision by the author and really appreciated her explanation about why she made the choice she did. it was nice that the series didn't stagnant because of attachment to certain characters.

Julie scott I have jst finished reading this novel & loved it i knew the drath of Jeff was coming & i cringed every time Jeff was in a dangerous situation i really don't c killing Jeff off as brave more like a big mistake i really hate that Jeff is now gone. I don't no if i'll enjoy the Alanta series as i so luv the Grant County series & all the characters it jst won't be the same

Emily Where can I find this letter?? I knew he was gunna for but I was still upset by it. It all ended a bit suddenly for me though

Brilliant series though, I'm gunna miss it now

stephanie Emily wrote: "Where can I find this letter?? I knew he was gunna for but I was still upset by it. It all ended a bit suddenly for me though

Brilliant series though, I'm gunna miss it now"

On her website. That's where it was at least, I haven't checked in while . . .