Robert's Reviews > Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything

Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer

Apr 07, 12

Read from March 18 to 24, 2012

I really liked perspectives of what memory is to various people, from the savants to the damaged, to see how memory erases or over-loads and the impact of each on a persons’ day-to-day existence. There are some holes, but a fast read that raises a lot of questions about how we individually define what is memory, what is or is not intelligence, and the assumptions made about those who claim to have the great of either. Foer admits that he can memorize and accurately recall two decks of cards in a few minutes, but he still cannot remember his keys, dates or people's names. In the end, Foer comes to the same conclusion several folks in the book group had: what is the point of this type of memorizing. We remember what is important. Memory is the collision of context and emotion in a given moment, and for me - that is all I need. Now I have to go find my car keys.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonwalking with Einstein.