Roxanne's Reviews > Huntress

Huntress by Nicole Hamlett

Mar 19, 2012

Read from March 18 to 19, 2012

I gathered my backbone and muttered, “Just my luck, the only gorgeous man I’ve met in ages and he’s a house breaker.” Then I declared more loudly, “So you have a choice. You can leave quietly or I can call the police after I wang you with my stapler.”
“After you wang with me with the stapler?” I could see his lips twitching as if holding in his laughter.

4.5 Stars

Omg I LOVED this book. I found it only yesterday and by accident and I'm so glad I did. I read it in one sitting and couldn't put it down. This book is about a woman named Grace Murphy, she's just divorced her husband Brandon and gained shared custody of her 11 year old son Dylan. Then the Goddess Diana pops into to say hello and informs Grace that she's her real mother and that's it's Graces duty to save the world. Queue mental breakdown. So then Drew a sexy demigod is sent to whip her into shape for the coming war as well as be her full time nanny/helper.

The boy was hot with a capital H. I could feel my pulse race just thinking about his tight ass as he had trudged in front of me on our walk today. “I’m not a piece of meat, Grace!” he called from the living room. My face burned so hot that I thought it was going to catch on fire.  It was extremely annoying that he could read my mind.

Now some people who read this book may think Grace is a little whinny but I can totally understand why she is. First she finds out that her husband was cheating on her, get's divorced, has 'ex-husband' demand that Dylan their son is going to spend more time getting to know his new gf, she has to learn how to control her new powers AND try not to hop into bed with the sexy Drew. Even after all that she keeps on going, maybe having a few break-downs on the way but she doesn't give up. Now the one person that stole the show for me was Dylan, his interactions with his mom were just adorable, cute and downright hilarious at times, I can't wait to read more about him.

"Use your damned nanite strength, you nitwit!"
"If I knew how to use my nanite strength, don’t you think I’d be up the stairs by now, you crotchety old goat?"
"Your brains must be in your boobs. I can’t believe your mother wasted an egg on you," floated the reply.

For a first book in a series this was truly fantastic, I've already started the 2nd one and I'm flying through it. If you like Urban Fantasy books or anything to do with the Gods then you are going to love with book.

I’m not a shut in. Oh sure, I work from home and don’t have much of a social life, but really I’m just a (recently) fairly depressed, (long time) shy in new social situations woman. So what if my lady parts were on the verge of re-virginization? My life didn’t leave a lot of room for extra-curricular activities and being safe and comfortable is good in my world.
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Huntress.

03/18/2012
5.0% ""Mental note: Regardless of race. A hit to the jewels always hurts." Lol" 1 comment
03/18/2012
17.0% "OMG her ex-husband Brandon is such a dick. I really hope something bad happens to him."