Saly's Reviews > The Baby Plan

The Baby Plan by Susan Gable

3192922
This was a really good book, the hero Jake is someone really good who loved taking care of his siblings and now that they are married wants one of his own but is having problems, his wife chose her career over him and his efforts at adoption gave him heart-break & he is considering the option of surrogacy.

Then he meets Harley who loses her job as a mechanic when something from his car is taken, Jake knows she didn't do it and feels guilty so he visits her & finds that she lives in poverty & has a record that makes it difficult to get a job.

Life has taught Harley that nothing in life comes free, abandoned by her mother and her father dead at 10 she entered the foster care system which hardened her and then a false conviction further made her cynical, so when the hero takes her in, gets her a job she is suspicious and then he suggests surrogacy, she refuses at first, she doesn't believe the world is a good place for a child and she vets him before she is sure he can be a good father.

Being illegitimate herself she suggests a temporary marriage and making a baby the old-fashioned way as her conditions before agreeing, she badly wants to finish her credits to make a better life and the agreement with Jake will allow her that chance , Jake after thinking it over agrees. He wants her bad but tries to make having a baby the priority since he doesn't want to be hurt again and she is pregnant soon.

When the pieces of Harley's past were revealed slowly you hurt for her, how no-one had ever loved her and believed in her and being around Jake and her family made her see a different side. Soon Jake knows he loves her and wants her in his life forever but Harley doesn't know if she will be a good mother or if she deserves what he is offering.

I loved the book, Jake was a great hero, caring, loving and Harley was someone so hurt by life that you couldn't help like her.
10 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Baby Plan.

Jacqueline This sounds great, right up my alley. Nice review.

Saly Jacqueline wrote: "This sounds great, right up my alley. Nice review."

Thanks Jacqueline, I hope you like the book.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan I agree. I've put it on my ever growing list of books I want to read.

Saly Susan wrote: "I agree. I've put it on my ever growing list of books I want to read."

Susan, I hope you like the book :)

LLCSpokane Great review Saly. I started this one last night and will finish it sometime today. It's a good read so far.

Saly LLCSpokane wrote: "Great review Saly. I started this one last night and will finish it sometime today. It's a good read so far."

I saw your review, glad you liked it. She has some other nice books as well, lemme know if you want to read them.