Eddie Louise's Reviews > Shotgun Gravy

Shotgun Gravy by Chuck Wendig

Mar 17, 2012

bookshelves: ya
Read from March 17 to 19, 2012

Chuck Wendig is one of my favorite bloggers. Blunt, profane, and direct in the manner of a heat-seeking missile, Mr. Wendig writes with a grip your throat approach. I was really looking forward to reading this book as my first foray into his fiction.

Did the book live up to his blog? Yes and No.

First of all, let me be clear - I really liked this novella. In fact as soon as I finished reading it, I popped over to the Kickstarter for the next books in the series, because I want more! (I was to late - missed it by 20 minutes but was gratified to see that it was funded.)

Atlanta Burns is a great character and her world is f*#ked up - which is great for a fictional world, because it means AB gets to open that can of Whoop A$$. I vicariously got to poke a finger in the bully's eyes through Atlanta and for that I loved it!

So why the qualifying No, you ask? Simple: A novella was not long enough. I wanted to spend far more time with Atlanta than this little book allowed. If this was all there was to her story, I would be quite angry. Fortunately for Mr. Wendig, he is going to write more. I will be waiting, crouched in the corner, my trigger finger itching against the cold, sweet metal of my scatter gun.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shotgun Gravy.

message 1: by Dave (new)

Dave Robison I'll be interested in your take on this.

Eddie Louise Dave posting review now.