MonsterReader 's Reviews > Tiger's Quest

Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck

Mar 21, 12

bookshelves: adrenaline-action-addictive, amazing-male-lead, amazing-storyline, great-romance, great-couples, zomg-ending-twist, supernatural, relationship-before-love, pretty-cover, page-turner, must-reread, love-triangle, made-me-cry
Recommended to MonsterReader by: No one
Recommended for: Shape-shifters
Read from March 17 to 21, 2012

This review will be short and to the point: Tiger's Quest is okay-meh sequel with a twist ending. My favorite characters of the series are Mr. Kadam and Ren. Unfortunately, Ren was kidnapped and Mr. Kadam disappeared as usual. I have say, this book didn't do for me like the first one did. Kishan was alright but the moments between him and Kelsey were okay, but I didn't feel the pull or the attraction Kelsey had with Ren.

Some moments I wanted to slap Kelsey silly for her dumb actions and her woe-me moments. I have to say I was slightly disappointed in this sequel but the ending pulled on my heart strings and made me cry a bit. One thing I've noticed is this, it happens about three times in the book.

"One single tear shed down my face.."

"My eye let out a single tear..."

"A single tear ran down my cheeks..."

Ok, I don't know about you but when I cry, I CRY WITH BOTH EYES. Never have I let out a single tear, how is that even possible?! It annoyed me to no end.

Overall, I will definitely read the third book. The beginning of this book was soooo slow I wanted to shot myself, but then finally in the middle, it started to get good. The ending made the entire book for me. A bit of a letdown but overall, I liked it. Not as much as the first one but I liked it. I will patiently await the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger's Quest.

03/17/2012 page 20
4.0% "Kelsey! How could you!"
03/18/2012 page 74
15.0% "Ren is back! 'Does happy dance!'"
03/19/2012 page 162