Erica Chilson's Reviews > Obsidian

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

4182064
Mar 19, 12

bookshelves: 5-star, best-of-its-genre, digital, favorites, nook, school-is-cool, young-adult, smoking-hot-aliens
Recommended to Erica by: Penny-A Wicked Reader
Recommended for: Young Adult Fans
Read from March 17 to 19, 2012

Ms. Armentrout, I'd love to have an entire book from the glorious Daemon's pov. Yes, I think I'd like that very much.

Merged review:

Total Fangirl time!

Obsidian for me was a total guilty pleasure. I devoured the book and craved more. This is the perfect Young Adult book; angst, excitement, unrequited lust, paranormal elements, and laugh out loud humor.

I usually hate the male protagonists of this kind of series. They are douchebags with a capital D. I always shake my head wondering what is wrong with the female that she is so weak to want him. This is not the case with Daemon. Alright, I'm in lust with him too. Yes, he is a total bastard. I love him all the more for it! I actually have categories that I place male characters in. One is for the YA douchebags. I just couldn't place Daemon with Jace from Mortal instruments along with Shane from the Morganville Vampire series. Nope, he gets a different category; Douchebags I want to beat so bad it arouses me. He can sit next to fellow alumni, Ethan Sullivan from the Chicagoland Vampires.

Oh, Katy, Kitten! I could squeeze you. You are just so fun. I love your internal dialogue. I could spend hours listening in your head about Daemon. You're just so damn humorous. Plus, you're a fellow blogger/reviewer, obsessive book fan! Alright, girlfriend, you do some really stupid shit, but that's fun too. You are strong, independent. You don't wait as a damsel in distress. And, Baby girl, you hold your own against Daemon. And that is saying something. How you left things at the end of the book, I couldn't be prouder. Or more excited to see what happens next.
It's going to be a very long wait for the next book. In the interim I will read everything else by Jennifer Armentrout, especially the prequel in the Lux series about Dawson!

How about some quotes?

“My palms itched to have a close encounter of the bitch-slap kind with his face.”

“Thanks,” I muttered and added under my breath, “Douchebag.”
He laughed, deep and throaty. “Now that’s not very ladylike, Kittycat.”
I whipped around. “Don’t ever call me that,” I snapped.
“It’s better than calling someone a douchebag, isn’t it?” He pushed out the door. “This has been a stimulating visit. I’ll cherish it for a long time to come.”
Okay. That was it. “You know, you’re right. How wrong of me to call you a douchebag. Because a douchebag is too nice of a word for you,” I said, smiling sweetly. “You’re a dickhead.”
“A dickhead?” he repeated. “How charming.”
I flipped him off.”

“So the dickhead had a name. Daemon—seemed fitting. And of course his sister would be as attractive as him. Why not? Welcome to West
Virginia, the land of lost models.”

“Holy Hawt Chemisty, Batman!”

vkwickedreads.wordpress.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber Detjens lmao, Just from your review and the quotes, I am gunna have to get this book! You gotta stop helping add to my collections. <3

Erica Chilson Oh, Amber! You will love this book. Fantastic!

message 3: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber Detjens I guess I will be heading to the mall tonight for these two book.

Erica Chilson Yup... starting Shadows this afternoon sometime. I have a gift coming to your email!

message 5: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber Detjens Ohhh! I love gifts!!!

Erica Chilson :)

message 7: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber Detjens As soon as I get home I will put my gifts on my tablet. Thank you!

Kris DAMN it...leave shane alone! LOL!!!

Erica Chilson Haha! I just reread my review. *chuckles*

Hmmm... Shane during Bite Club.... Could have played fight club with him, he annoyed me so much ;)

message 10: by Kris (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kris i have to stick up for my shane. :-) an ethan/daemon sammich sounds good tho. LOL!!!

Erica Chilson I'd pay a million bucks for a real ethan/daemon sammich ;)