Wendy's Reviews > Vesper

Vesper by Jeff Sampson

Apr 05, 12

bookshelves: found-randomly-at-work, ya-liked
Read from April 03 to 05, 2012

Didn't know what to expect from this book, but that certainly wasn't it.

Maybe that's good...going into a book with little to no knowledge or expectations of just how 'epic' you think a book is going to be.

The story of Emily Webb starts out a little slow, and repetitive. The same thing happens to her 2-3 times before she figures out what's really going on.

I was this close to giving up at that point but thought I really should give it a chance. It's been so long since I've read and enjoyed a paranormal YA book that I just needed to suck it up and finish it for crying out loud.

I'm glad I did.

A new take on (view spoiler) that maybe lacked a little in originality but not creativity. Does that make sense? Of course, it's not a 'virus released that turns everyone into a X', but sort of along that line. But at least it wasn't so over the top that you just think it's ridiculous.

This is the 2nd or 3rd book I've read recently where a male author does a pretty decent job writing from a female POV. He's no Tom Leveen, though. :)

I'm looking forward to Havoc...it's been a while since I've looked forward to a book in a mythical creature series.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vesper.

04/04/2012 page 35