Cookie's Reviews > Unravel Me

7190378
Dec 01, 2012

Read on September 25, 2012

Update 11-13-12
Just a little observation. AND DO NOT HIT THE LINK IF YOU HAVEN'T READ UNRAVEL ME YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Warniette hints
Actual Review
Warner Warner Warner. Words cannot express you, a soul made up of broken, abstract pieces that resides inside a perfectly crafted body. In truth, I was nervous so nervous when I first started reading Unravel Me because I was so afraid that Juliette will not be willing to give you a chance. But no. Not this time. You learned your lesson. You knew what to do. You trickled out your past and your true self to Juliette but still managed to keep enough secrets to make you all the more fascinating. You had her heart in your hands and along with it, you took my breath away with...what, I won't tell. See Warner, I knew, I just knew from the very first time Juliette met you, that there were something hidden behind that hard, calculating demeanor. I knew there was a reason to why I sided with you instead of Adam (boring, soporific Adam), even when you initially struck readers as an evil character, and a delicious one at that *wink wink*. Now that I got to see such a shockingly contrasting side of you, I am DYING to know of Juliette's decision, if choosing only one between the two men is even possible for her now. Unfortunately, 2014 is when even?
Update July 9th, 2012
GUYS, GUYS, we have a teaser!!! No two!! Found it on Fiktshun's blog!!!!
Here we go:

“Hey, you,” he whispers, right up against my neck.
I bite back a shiver as the blood rushes up to blush my cheeks and for a moment, just for this moment, I drop my bones and allow him to hold me together. “Hey.” I smile, inhaling the scent of him.
Luxurious, is what this is.
AND BECAUSE ONE ISN'T JUST ENOUGH...

“Let go of me.”
“No.”
I feel his breath on the back of my neck and it’s killing me to be so close to him. It’s killing me to know that I have to rebuild the walls I’d so carelessly demolished the moment he came back into my life.
YOUR WELCOME :))

Who wouldn't be on team Warner if he looked like this: https://mobile.twitter.com/TaherehMaf...
Just follow Tehereh Mafi's link on her twitter.
54 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unravel Me.

Quotes Cookie Liked

Tahereh Mafi
“It's just a whisper of a kiss but something collapses in my skull. It's a feather-light brush of his mouth against my skin in a place I can't quite see. It's my mind speaking in a thousand different languages I don't understand.”

Tahereh Mafi
“Warner was supposed to be dead. Warner was supposed to be dead because I was supposed to have shot him but no one supposed I'd need to know how to fire a gun so now I suppose he's come to find me.
He's come to fight.
For me.”

Tahereh Mafi
“I want to be the friend you fall hopelessly in love with. The one you take into your arms and into your bed and into the private world you keep trapped in your head. I want to be that kind of friend. The one who will memorize the things you say as well as the shape of your lips when you say them. I want to know every curve, every freckle, every shiver of your body.

I want to know where to touch you, I want to know how to touch you. I want to know convince you to design a smile just for me. Yes, I do want to be your friend. I want to be your best friend in the entire world.”

“He looks immaculate.
Flawless, especially as he stands here among the dirt and destruction, surrounded by the bleakest colors this landscape has to offer. He's a vision of emerald and onyx, silhouetted in the sunlight in the most deceiving way. He could be glowing. That could be a halo around his head. This could be the world's way of making an example out of irony. Because Warner is beautiful in ways even Adam isn't.”

Tahereh Mafi
“His chest, heaving harder this time. His words, almost gasping this time. “You destroy me.”
I am falling to pieces in his arms.
My fists are full of unlucky pennies and my heart is a jukebox demanding a few nickels and my head is flipping quarters heads or tails heads or tails heads or tails heads or tails
“Juliette,” he says, and he mouths the name, barely speaking at all, and he’s pouring molten lava into my limbs and I never even knew I could melt straight to death.
“I want you,” he says. He says “I want all of you. I want you inside and out and catching your breath and aching for me like I ache for you.” He says it like it’s a lit cigarette lodged in his throat, like he wants to dip me in warm honey and he says “It’s never been a secret. I’ve never tried to hide that from you. I’ve never pretended I wanted anything less.”

Tahereh Mafi
“I want so many things,” he whispers. “I want your mind. Your strength. I want to be worth your time.” His fingers graze the hem of my top and he says “I want this up.” He tugs on the waist of my pants and says “I want these down.” He touches the tips of his fingers to the sides of my body and says, “I want to feel your skin on fire. I want to feel your heart racing next to mine and I want to know it’s racing because of me, because you want me. Because you never,” he says, he breathes, “never want me to stop. I want every second. Every inch of you. I want all of it.”

Tahereh Mafi
“He’s kissing me like the world is rolling right off a cliff, like he’s trying to hang on and he’s decided to hold on to me, like he’s starving for life and love and he’s never known it could ever feel this good to be close to someone. Like it’s the first time he’s ever felt anything but hunger and he doesn’t know how to pace himself, doesn’t know how to eat in small bites, doesn’t know how to do anything anything anything in moderation.”

Tahereh Mafi
“I want to be the friend you fall hopelessly in love with. The one you take into your arms and into your bed and into the private world you keep trapped in your head. I want to be that kind of friend," he says. "The one who will memorise the things you say as well as the shape of your lips when you say them. I want to know every curve, every freckle, every shiver of your body, Juliette-”

Tahereh Mafi
“Invisible guns, huh?" Kenji smirks. "That's cute. I don't think I ever went through that phase.”

Tahereh Mafi
“What I really want to say is who the hell are you and who are you to decide who gets to die. Who are you to decide who should be killed. Who are you tell me which father I should destroy and which child I should orphan and which mother should be left without her son, which brother should be left without a sister, which grandmother should spend the rest of her life crying in the early hours of the morning because they body of her grandchild was buried in the ground before her own.”

“You can go to hell!"
"Just because I'm going to hell doesn't mean you'll ever deserve her.”

Tahereh Mafi
“I want to study the secrets tucked between his elbows and the whispers caught behind his knees. I want to follow the lines of his silhouette with my eyes and the tips of my fingers. I want to trace rivers and valleys along the curved muscles of his body.”

Tahereh Mafi
“Tattoos, for example, are very hard to forget. I think there's something about the impermanence of life these days that makes it necessary to etch ink into our skins. It reminds us that we've been marked by the world, that we're still alive. That we'll never forget.”

Tahereh Mafi
“He's looking so deeply into my eyes that I'm surprised I haven't buckled under the intensity and I realize then, right in this moment I realize that everything about him is intense. Nothing about him is manageable or easy to compartmentalize. He's too much. Everything about him is too much. His emotions, his actions, his anger, his aggression. His love.”

Tahereh Mafi
“But he grins, so brilliantly, not even paying attention. “I love it when you say my name,” he says. “I don’t even know why.”
“Warner isn't your name,” I point out. “Your name is *****.”
His smile is wide, so wide. “God, I love that.”
“Your name?”
“Only when you say it.”
“*****? Or Warner?”
His eyes close. He tilts his head back against the wall. Dimples.”

Tahereh Mafi
“Maybe they see something in him, see something in his face, in his features. Maybe they see what I see from this disjointed, foggy perspective. The desperation in his expression, the anguish carved into his features, the way he looks at me, like he might die if I do. And I can't help but think this is an interesting parting gift from the world.”

Tahereh Mafi
“Incredible. He left me bleeding all over his living floor. What a nice little present for his son to clean up. What a nice little lesson for his son to learn. Fall in love, and you get to watch your love get shot.”

Tahereh Mafi
“I can’t feel my fingers or the cold or the emptiness of this room because all I feel is him, everywhere,filling everything and he whispers
“Please.”
He says “Please don’t shoot me for this.”
And he kisses me.”

Tahereh Mafi
“He's dangerous, electric, impossible to contain. His body is rippling with an energy so extraordinary that even when he's calmed down it's almost palpable. It has a presence.”

Tahereh Mafi
“I think I must be smiling at him because he's smiling at me, but he's smiling like he might be petrified; he's breathing like he's forgotten he's supposed to, looking at me like he's not sure how to do this, hesitating like he's unsure how to let me see him like this. Like he has no idea how to be so vulnerable.
But here he is.
And here I am.”

“He looks away.
And he smiles.
Its the kind of smile that makes me forget how to do everything but blink and blink and I don't understand what's happening to me. I don't know why I cant convince my eyes to find something else to focus on.
I don't know why my heart is losing its mind.”

Tahereh Mafi
“I don't know what I was expecting.
Maybe I thought I'd catch him trying to break a hole in the wall or maybe he'd be plotting the demise of every person at Omega Point or I don't know I don't know I don't know anything because I only know how to fight an angry body, an insolent creature, an arrogant monster, and I do not know what to do with this.
He's sleeping.”

Tahereh Mafi
“I didn't sleep at all last night, my heart and mind plagued and conflicted and I cant feel my limbs, I cant taste the food I'm not eating and I cant see straight, I cant focus on the things I'm supposed to be hearing. All I can think about are all the casualties and Warner's lips on my neck, his hands on my body, the pain and passion in his eyes and the many possible ways I could die today. I can only think about Warner touching me, kissing me, torturing me with his heart and Adam sitting beside me, not knowing what I've done.”

Tahereh Mafi
“You sick piece of shit," Adam says to him, his voice low, measured.
"Such unfortunate language." Warner shakes his head. "Only those who cannot express themselves intelligently would resort to such crude substitutions in vocabulary.”

Tahereh Mafi
“Because all you ever said to me," he explains, "was that you didn't want to hurt anyone. You didn't want to murder people."
"I don't."
"Except for me?”

Tahereh Mafi
“You are so confident," he says to me. "You're stubborn and resilient. So brave. So strong. So inhumanly beautiful. You could conquer the world.”

04/22 marked as: read

message 1: by Kev215 (new) - added it

Kev215 If Warren looks like that. He us FREAKIN gorgeous!

Cookie Ha ha I know right!!! TeamWarner all the way!

Zaara - thebookfreak Hahaahah I just saw the pic. Damn he is HOT!!

Cookie Yuppppie. he's a bit too old though. I imagined Alexander Ludwig as him

Nunu I don't think adam and warner would be brothers, because I think Warners mother would be alive

Cookie But we didnt know that Adam or Warner's mom is alive or not did we?

Cookie And besides, notice how Adam has brown but James had dirty blond hair instead? Warner had light blond hair. So they have some physical similarities there

Nunu YEA!! Maybe Warner and adam have the same father, and James has another. Because Adam's dad always hits him!

Cookie Trust me, their dads are different. Because Both Warner and Adam grew up with their dads so if they have the same dad, weren't they suppose to live together? Besides I meant that Warner's (and maybe Adam's and James') mom must have had blond hair in order to pass on that physical aspect to Warner AND James.

message 10: by Nunu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nunu yea, I just can't wait for the book. And I don't want to expect something that I really want, because if it wasn't in the book I would really be disappointed.

Cookie Ikr, let's keep calm and love Warner LOL

message 12: by Cookie (last edited Jul 10, 2012 12:27AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cookie Check back my review for the teasers!!

message 13: by Lexi (new) - added it

Lexi Larkins Ugh!! I have dreams about what I think this book is gonna be about!

Cookie Lol, but guess what, there's going to be a love triangle in this book. *TWIRL*

Zaara - thebookfreak omg the weirdest thing happened for a few days ago, I had a dream with warner in it and we were talking about his eyes and his grandmother ? I KNOW!! the weirdest thing ever, after that I dreamt about destory me, omg I'm so obsessed.

Cookie You are not alone ;)

message 17: by Cam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cam I hope the snippet are about
Warner.

Cookie Cam wrote: "I hope the snippet are about
Warner."

;)

message 19: by Cam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cam Zaara - thebookfreak wrote: "omg the weirdest thing happened for a few days ago, I had a dream with warner in it and we were talking about his eyes and his grandmother ? I KNOW!! the weirdest thing ever, after that I dreamt a..."

I'd like to have a dream about Warner *sighs*

Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ Look what I found... I really like it... And officially I have hit rock bottom... I am reading fanfics.. I never do that....
but I really like this one.. I find it reasonable and well written. http://m.fanfiction.net/s/9250772/1/U...

Cookie I read that one and ALL of shatter me's fanfiction lol. I'm hopeless

Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ Me too.. I need book 3.. I need more warner...

message 23: by Cam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cam Just read the fanfic and now I'm back to demanding book 3. So far away *sighs*

Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ I think this fanfic is really gd and persuasive as warner..