Luis's Reviews > An Extraordinary Gathering of Angels

An Extraordinary Gathering of Angels by Margaret Barker

Mar 18, 12

bookshelves: historical
Read from March 17 to 18, 2012

Tuesday and I purchased this literary gem in a museum gift shop. Not the best way to generally buy books, but I can honestly say that it was worth every penny.

"An Extraordinary Gathering of Angels," is scholarly yet written plainly for the lay reader to understand and appreciate. Ms. Barker intersperses 170 magnificent historical illustrations (mostly artistic depictions of the types of angels) within thirteen chapters dedicated to revealing expert biblical analysis of angels by professors, rabbis, priests and theologians.

Ms. Barker's work is as extraordinary as the subject matter. This book is a piece of art that I will reference frequently for personal and professional inspiration.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Extraordinary Gathering of Angels.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Johnson I have added this one to my list to read, thanks for the review, I have a hard time picking books to read unless someone recommends one. I can walk into a library and walk out with nothing, there is so much. I am not a very good shopper. ha,

message 2: by Dana (new)

Dana Zurbuchen Looks like a book I will really enjoy. Thanks for writing such insightful reviews.