Hira's Reviews > Touch

Touch by Jus Accardo

Mar 17, 2012

bookshelves: books-i-judged-by-the-cover, goddesses-who-created-this, i-wish-i-was-that-girl, mind-blown
Read from March 20 to 22, 2012

The synopsis has everything in a book that I want to read. Kick-ass girl, mysterious boy, paranormal powers, secret organisation and a glued-to-you-seat story.

But I will say I had mixed feelings to this. Lets start with the good.

The Goodies:

The story: The whole premise was very interesting. Secret organisation, 'collecting' and training special individuals with powers, is run by an evil, sinister man who is the father of our heroine, Dez. Dez is, of course, unaware of all this. She lives her life to the max, often involving danger, just to get the attention of her distant father. Enter mysterious boy who has an amazing but sick power that affects everyone but Dez and finally, the heroine gets involved in all this risky business herself.

Kale was, overall, my favourite character. I loved seeing things through his eyes as, in a way, everything was new for him. His love for Dez was very deep and his possessiveness was cute.

See, all the above are signs of a good story. It could be highly interesting. And it was. Some parts of it.

The Baddies:

I felt the romance was, although sweet, was kind of fast. Dez and Kale click, maybe because Dez is the only person he can touch, and bam, it's love. I don't know guys, I mean, there were many awwww bits but it was just a bit too fast for me.

Dez could be a bit impulsive and made a few stupid decision, like every other heroine but was strong, so it was all good.

Overall:

It's the first book in the series, so maybe it'll get better and we go along. It usually does. I think. I will say I'm looking forward to the next book and can't wait to see what's happening next.

4 STARS!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch.