Cupof Tea's Reviews > The Keeper of the Isis Light

The Keeper of the Isis Light by Monica Hughes

Mar 17, 2012

bookshelves: canadian-author, science-fiction, winnipeg-public-library, young-adult-fiction
Read in June, 2012

I'm reading the combined trilogy including this book, but I am finished the first novel and I really liked it. I almost like not knowing all of the story yet, and possibly not ever knowing what happened next, since the next novel takes place many many years later.

Mainly, I enjoyed being transported to a new mostly empty planet, seen through the eyes of someone for whom it is home. To be able to live with nature and be so untouched by human settlement is a fabulous fantasy for me :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Keeper of the Isis Light.

message 1: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy I want to find and read this again! It was something we read in .. grade 9 I think? Along with The Chrysalids.

Cupof Tea Wendyb wrote: "I want to find and read this again! It was something we read in .. grade 9 I think? Along with The Chrysalids."

I have enjoyed every book of hers I have read. Invitation to the Game is my favourite :)

message 3: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy To-read list updated! Thanks :)