Sam Quixote's Reviews > B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth, Vol. 2: Gods and Monsters

B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth, Vol. 2 by Mike Mignola

Mar 17, 2012

Read in March, 2012

The volcano in Houston from the first book seems to have more importance than I first thought where it seems to have transformed the city into a kind of ghost town with mob rule. Abe and Johann head down there to look for a special girl who seems to have a cult following because she foresaw the natural disasters.

Not for nothing, but haven't we seen a red-headed girl with psychic powers called Fenix before (or variations on that name)? Don't know why Mike Mignola and John Arcudi went with such as obvious X-Men reference but they pick up the story with Liz Sherman, the other red-head girl with psychic powers (how imaginative).

Liz is living in a trailer park dealing with the scarring of her last adventures with BPRD (see "Vol 14: King of Fear") but even life as a recluse won't save her from craziness as a new band of possessed nutjobs start mutilating each other and large numbers of frogs start showing up - again! Again with the frogs storyline... at least I hope they don't, it's played out.

"Gods and Monsters" is a pretty fun book for the most part despite the questionable choice of character in Fenix, and the frogs thing. The Liz storyline is especially good, I always liked her character and, with a major character supposedly dying, hopefully she'll get more focus in the following books. And anyway, dying in comics is never the end for characters so don't be surprised if they somehow make an impossible recovery. There's hope for this BPRD series yet!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth, Vol. 2.