Cari L. Pedstelak's Reviews > The Hunger Games Trilogy

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins

Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: c-l-pedstelak-kindle-ebooks
Read from March 29 to April 11, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games Trilogy.

03/31/2012
12.0% "I'm engrossed in the #HungerGames saga. #Dystopian only scratches the surface of this truly disturbing tale. To better feel/experience the journey personally, I've sequestered myself from trailers, reviews, or anything with the slightest potential of giving hints. I'm only around 1/3 of the way through book 1. The fantastic writing provokes a visceral response, to say the least."
04/02/2012
32.0% "Finished #HungerGames #Book 1 in #Kindle boxed set trilogy. A heart-wrenching & gut-wrenching experience, to say the least. I found myself in tears at times & cursing aloud at others. Allow yourself to be pulled in as these books are meant to be felt, not simply read. Part of what makes this story so compelling & disturbing is that it could conceivably happen."
04/06/2012
66.0% "Finished #HungerGames #book 2. The #song "Uprising" by Muse won't stop playing in my head since reading the final lines of "Catching Fire". There's much more I want to mention, but suffice to say that song is an appropriate soundtrack both for the end of book 2 & for my feelings regarding the situation."
04/07/2012
77.0% "Begin Part 2 of #HungerGames #Book 3, "Mockingjay". Intense, visceral, & disturbingly plausible."
04/11/2012
100.0% "Brutal & spectacular. #HungerGames @CLakD Thanks for convincing me to read it & being here for my inevitable tears. Katniss is a fierce heroine with the tenacity & courage to fight for her beliefs. One can't help being emotionally drawn in. Is she flawed? Yes. At times, "beautiful disaster" fits her well. Viciousness is tempered by moments of heartfelt compassion. Makes one ponder one's own humanity & all humankind."
show 1 hidden update…