Breanne's Reviews > Amy and Roger's Epic Detour

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Feb 06, 13

bookshelves: read-in-2013, good-summer-reads
Read on February 03, 2013

Not as good as I was hoping for, but really really good.

I found that there was quite a bit of repetition so I was skimming through a lot of the inner monologue. But, when it wasn't repeating, it was very insightful and really hilarious.

I didn't like how Amy started opening up to--who I thought were random--people throughout the story. I was like, come on! You're sitting in a car with Roger for hours and hours on end and you really can't just start by opening up to him? He's opening up to her throughout the whole book, and she never offers more than a few words about her demons. Yet, she opens up to one of his friends, and his ex-girlfriends brother. Really? That really pissed me off. Like. Really.

But their game of twenty questions was cute and their awkward Oh-No-We-Have-To-Share-The-Same-Single-Bed thing was to die for.

It's really admirable what Amy does, I think. I mean, if it were my child I'm sure I would have a different perspective, but she really took initiative in her life and went out and did what she thought she had to. And she came away with a result she maybe didn't even know she wanted.

It was very sweet, but if I had to read it again, I would find myself skipping through most of it. It was good, but not THAT good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amy and Roger's Epic Detour.

02/03/2013 page 1
0.0% "Oh my God, yes. I went to the library knowing that this wasn't there (because I checked online first) but when I went, it was RIGHT THERE. So I GOT IT and now I'm going to READ IT. Yeah . . . I'm kind of excited."